Join Mighty as a Designer
Our design team is growing and we’re looking for a talented designer to join it! You’ll collaborate closely with other designers, our design director, and front-end developers to produce smart design solutions. We’re keen on details, so aesthetic taste and strong UX values are important. At Mighty, you’ll be challenged, and empowered to lead clients and teammates. You’ll need to be friendly, communicate well, take initiative, and solve problems.
On a typical day, you will:
- Collaborate with team members to conceptualize goals, content, and architecture for websites and applications
- Sketch low-fidelity wireframes and build prototypes with InVision
- Curate mood boards, design visual concepts, layouts, and interactions
- Contribute to client and team meetings, and lead creative brainstorming and work reviews
- Distill, consider, and respond to team and client critique and manage revisions based on schedule
We expect that you’ll have:
- An impressive portfolio of web and mobile design (UI/UX)
- Roots in West Michigan or a willingness to move
And it’d be great if you had:
- Strong presentation and meeting leadership skills
- Experience with Sketch and interest in newer tools like Zeplin, Principle, and Figma
- Familiarity with agile principles and iterative design and development
- Experience developing basic HTML/CSS and working with multidisciplinary teams to conceptualize development strategies
- Experience working in a digital agency setting
A successful designer at Mighty will be:
Ready to apply?
The position above is open and we’ll hire quickly when we find the right person. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, tell us why. Say hello and send your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Share your portfolio, your Git repo, or any other work that is easily reviewable as yours. A traditional resume is not needed if you'd prefer to send your LinkedIn profile.
The right people make all the difference
We’re a team that enjoys our work and does it well. We’re all leaders, and we’re always learning. We’re personally invested in our craft, our team, our clients, and our community.
We're located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and work with large organizations, small companies, and startups in a variety of industries. We love our city. We work collaboratively with each other and our clients, and seek to cultivate a culture of trust. Teamwork, camaraderie, and togetherness outside of the office is important to us.
We keep calm and stay healthy. Mighty has fostered a spirit of internal leadership and empowers its team members to make decisions, lead projects, and grow to lead disciplines. And we take care of our team, including the following notable benefits:
- 4 weeks of vacation, including our 12/24–1/1 winter break
- 2 weeks of holiday paid time off
- Sustainable projects, flexible schedules, and no time-tracking
- Priority Health Gold health insurance incl. vision
- Delta Dental
- Matching IRA contributions
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Stay Fit Budget: Expense account for health and wellness, including race registrations, yoga studio memberships, new running shoes, a CSA, a massage, and more