Join Mighty as a Developer
We’re looking for an accomplished Developer to join our team! As a Developer at Mighty, your ability to develop clean, static front-end code and build out a content management system is a must. We’re keen on details, so light and tight code, design sensibility, and UX values are important. You'll work directly with amazing clients, so you’ll need to be friendly, communicate well, take initiative, and solve problems.
On a typical day, these responsibilities should make you happy:
- Identify and address front-end performance and accessibility concerns
- Partner with other developers that may be contributing code to the project
- Provide well-documented project readmes, changelogs, and project-specific details
- Research and assess new technologies, tools, and techniques
We expect you’ll have:
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Developer, preferably within a digital agency
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- Experience developing HTML, CSS, and JS without a reliance of frameworks
- Experience with Git version control and command-line tools
- Roots in West Michigan or a willingness to move
And it’d be great if you had:
- An understanding of how to publish and consume API data
- Knowledge of JS applications such as Vue.js or NativeScript
- Experience with automated testing
- Familiarity with design trends and techniques
Happy, Hungry, Healthy Developers at Mighty are:
If these words describe you, let's talk. Apply today for immediate and confidential consideration.
Ready to apply?
Say hello and send your resume or LinkedIn profile to .
The right people make all the difference
We’re a team that enjoys our work and does it well. We’re all leaders, and we’re always learning. We’re personally invested in our craft, our team, our clients, and our community.
We're located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and work with large organizations, small companies, and startups in a variety of industries. We love our city. We work collaboratively with each other and our clients, and seek to cultivate a culture of trust. Teamwork, camaraderie, and togetherness outside of the office is important to us.
We keep calm and stay healthy. Mighty has fostered a spirit of internal leadership and empowers its team members to make decisions, lead projects, and grow to lead disciplines. And we take care of our team, including the following notable benefits:
- 4 weeks of vacation, including our 12/24–1/1 winter break
- 2 weeks of holiday paid time off
- Sustainable projects and flexible schedules
- Priority Health insurance incl. vision
- Delta Dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 6–12 weeks of paid new parent time off incl. flexible return to work
- Matching IRA contributions
- Stay Fit budget: Expense account for health and wellness, including race registrations, yoga studio memberships, new running shoes, massages, and more