Join Mighty as a Junior Designer
We’re looking for a talented junior designer to join our Mighty team! As a Junior Designer, you’ll learn and collaborate with other designers, our design director, and front-end developers to produce smart design solutions for some of the most well-known companies in West Michigan. We’re keen on details, so aesthetic taste and UX values are important. You’ll be challenged and empowered to lead clients and teammates. You’ll need to have a growth mindset, communicate well, take initiative, and solve problems.
On a typical day, these responsibilities should make you happy:
- Collaborate with team members to conceptualize goals, content, and architecture for websites and applications
- Sketch low-fidelity wireframes and build prototypes with InVision
- Curate mood boards, design visual concepts, layouts, and interactions
- Contribute to client and team meetings, creative brainstorming, and work reviews
- Distill, consider, and respond to critique and manage revisions based on schedule
We expect you’ll have:
- A design degree or a portfolio with impressive digital design work (web and mobile)
- Roots in West Michigan or a willingness to move
And it’d be great if you had:
- Experience working with a team to deliver design work for clients on tight deadlines
- Confidence in presenting your work to teammates and clients
- Experience with Sketch and interest in newer tools like Zeplin, Principle, and Figma
- Familiarity with agile principles and iterative design and development
- Experience developing basic HTML/CSS and working with multidisciplinary teams to conceptualize development strategies
Happy, Healthy, Hungry Junior Designers at Mighty are:
If these words describe you, let's talk. Apply today for immediate and confidential consideration.
Ready to apply?
Say hello and send your resume or LinkedIn profile to .
The right people make all the difference
We’re a team that enjoys our work and does it well. We’re all leaders, and we’re always learning. We’re personally invested in our craft, our team, our clients, and our community.
We're located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and work with large organizations, small companies, and startups in a variety of industries. We love our city. We work collaboratively with each other and our clients, and seek to cultivate a culture of trust. Teamwork, camaraderie, and togetherness outside of the office is important to us.
We keep calm and stay healthy. Mighty has fostered a spirit of internal leadership and empowers its team members to make decisions, lead projects, and grow to lead disciplines. And we take care of our team, including the following notable benefits:
- 4 weeks of vacation, including our 12/24–1/1 winter break
- 2 weeks of holiday paid time off
- Sustainable projects and flexible schedules
- Priority Health insurance incl. vision
- Delta Dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 6–12 weeks of paid new parent time off incl. flexible return to work
- Matching IRA contributions
- Stay Fit budget: Expense account for health and wellness, including race registrations, yoga studio memberships, new running shoes, massages, and more