Join Mighty as a Operations Engineer
We’re looking for an Operations Engineer to collaborate in building performant and reliable web projects. You’ll be involved in monitoring and configuring environments, disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, automation initiatives, and improving reliability and performance. You'll work directly with amazing clients, so you’ll need to be friendly, communicate well, take initiative, and solve problems. You’ll be contributing in the same way as every other teammate: crafting incredible digital solutions that help people build meaningful relationships.
We expect that you’ll:
- Guide infrastructure design and hosting architecture to scale with client needs.
- Implement solutions to enhance the availability, performance and stability of Mighty projects, automating away repetitive work.
- Work with the development team to identify, document, and improve system management and development processes.
- Readily put out the occasional fire and lead constructive debriefs when things go wrong.
You have experience with, or a passion to learn:
- LAMP, LEMP, and Node.js stacks.
- Automated backups and disaster recovery.
- Application and server performance monitoring.
- Security management (SSL, firewalls) and performance tooling (caching, CDNs).
- Git management and linux-based shells.
- Cloud-based platforms (e.g. AWS, Digital Ocean, Heroku).
- Configuration management and automated provisioning tools.
- Automated deployment and continuous integration.
A successful engineer at Mighty will be:
So, if you think you’d be a great fit, tell us why. If you thought, “my friend Sara would be great for this”, please let her know! We’re especially interested in applications from folks in the early stages of their operations careers who show great aptitude.
Ready to apply?
Say hello and send your resume or LinkedIn profile to .
The right people make all the difference
We’re a team that enjoys our work and does it well. We’re all leaders, and we’re always learning. We’re personally invested in our craft, our team, our clients, and our community.
We're located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan and work with large organizations, small companies, and startups in a variety of industries. We love our city. We work collaboratively with each other and our clients, and seek to cultivate a culture of trust. Teamwork, camaraderie, and togetherness outside of the office is important to us.
We keep calm and stay healthy. Mighty has fostered a spirit of internal leadership and empowers its team members to make decisions, lead projects, and grow to lead disciplines. And we take care of our team, including the following notable benefits:
- 4 weeks of vacation, including our 12/24–1/1 winter break
- 2 weeks of holiday paid time off
- Sustainable projects, flexible schedules, and no time-tracking
- Priority Health insurance incl. vision
- Delta Dental insurance
- 6–12 weeks of paid new parent time off incl. flexible return to work
- Matching IRA contributions
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Stay Fit budget: Expense account for health and wellness, including race registrations, yoga studio memberships, new running shoes, a CSA, a massage, and more